This is a local NEWS publication by community reporters with a vested interest in Leeupoort Holiday Town. Our mission is to serve as a local source of News and Information, and to market Leeupoort as a holiday and travel destination.
LEEUPOORT HOLIDAY TOWN is situated in the Bushveld on a Nature Reserve between Koedoeskop and Mabula next to the R516 in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. Residents have free access to the rest of the Nature Reserve while game roam freely between the low density chalets and houses. It is like living on a Game Park, but without the fences.
This is where you can become one with nature again and relax in the African Bushveld, where zebra and francolin distract your attention from daily stresses, although still close to major cities. Here you will find rest; families rediscover each other or play together, enjoy a barbeque, gaze at the stars and enjoy the fresh air and Bushveld sounds.
It is an unforgettable experience to stay in the game reserve where game can be found grazing between the houses and chalets, birds awake you every morning and you can relax under the trees at the swimming pool. Leeupoort is a safe environment that can be enjoyed with your kids, family or friends. It truly is a nature experience of a lifetime for visitors to the area and the accommodation at Leeupoort is very affordable.
At this website, we discuss various subjects about Leeupoort and invite the Leeupoort community to share their experiences and knowledge of the region. We welcome publications about events, other attractions in the area, interesting facts about Leeupoort, general news and more. Our target market is the local community and the tourism industry and we will gladly publish related articles.
Homeowners at Leeupoort who would like to make their property at Leeupoort available to holiday-goers, are also welcome to contact us to advertise the opportunity. We also welcome historians, bloggers, hobbyists, artists, sport and event organisers, local businesses, agencies and other interest groups to join us and share interesting information with our readers.
We invite the public to join our discussions on social facilities like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube or to subscribe to our Newsletter to be informed about the Leeupoort community, news, events, opportunities, holiday accommodation, activities, attractions in the area, nature conservation and much more.
SHARED COMMUNITY FACILITIES
- Liquor Store
- 2 x Large Swimming pools
- Game drives on your own or walk
- Mountain biking or cycling in the reserve
- Birders paradise with many bird species to spot
- Lots of game and many tree species to see
- Jogging and many other sporting activities
LEEUPOORT NATURE RESERVE RULES
Leeupoort is a proclaimed nature reserve and are thus subject to rules and regulations applicable to all nature reserves in South Africa.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Feeding of animals (game) are prohibited.
- Loud Music and Noises are prohibited. Silence between 22:00 and 07:00.
- Quad-bikes and Motorcycles are prohibited in the Nature Reserve.
- Unlicensed Vehicles and driving without a valid Drivers License are prohibited.
- The collection and/or removal of organic matter, plants, wood and stones are prohibited.
- Camping, Fishing and Swimming outside designated areas are prohibited.
- Campfires outside designated areas and private properties are prohibited and must be under adult supervision.
- The use of Firearms, Crossbows, Slings or any other weapon is prohibited.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited.
- The use of spotlights and lasers are prohibited.
- The speed-limit is 25 km/h during the day and 20 km/h from dusk to dawn.
- You enter the reserve and use facilities entirely at your own risk.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS IN THE AREA
- Thabazimbi (60 km) – Vulture Feeding Spot
- Marekeli Nature Reserve (100km) – Elephants, etc.
- Pilaansberg Nature Reserve (110 km) – Elephants, Rhinoceros, etc.
At Leeupoort Holiday Town you can truly experience nature while still enjoying the comforts of excellent accommodation.
This is a community News and Information publication. We are not an agency for any rental or other business and do not serve as a mediator between third parties. Please contact the applicable business, agency, organiser, interest group or person direct for any business or other matter. Our Terms of Service and Policies can be viewed at Legal.